LAUNCHE HAS STOPPED-projector

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I connect my projector to wifi it says “launcher has stopped”.I tried to restore it, change date and time, but when I go back and turn wifi on it keeps on appearing and I can’t stop it until I turn it off.I have been looking on the internet for a while and I can’t find anything.
PLEASE HELP ME!I’m very pissed off!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What projector? Are you connecting your phone to a projector, or do you have projector that runs Android? In any case, it would be helpful to know which devices you're using.

annaly

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
When I connect my projector to wifi it says “launcher has stopped”.I tried to restore it, change date and time, but when I go back and turn wifi on it keeps on appearing and I can’t stop it until I turn it off.I have been looking on the internet for a while and I can’t find anything.
PLEASE HELP ME!I’m very pissed off!

I have the same problem, my projector has Android system, the projector is an ATP GP12WHT. I turn it on and I get the error (launcher v2 stopped working) and it does not let me do anything else

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That can be hard to figure out, since it may be an issue with the firmware. I'm not sure if there's a way to boot the projector into Safe Mode, which can help narrow the problem down to something you installed vs the firmware or hardware. Assuming you never installed anything yourself on the projector, though, it's most likely the latter. Is the device still under warranty?

smakarova

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I have an Aspen 350 projector. "Unfortunately, Launcherv2 has stopped" is the message popping up over and over. I turned it on this morning. It loaded as normal and then it pops up. I press OK and the message disappears and come back 1 minute later. It will not allow me to do anything else. It seems many people are having the same issue.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be the same launcher, Launcherv2, in all cases. Find a different launcher .apk file (search android launcher apk in Google), download it and copy it to the projector. Then find it in the projector (there must be a file manager app of some kind) and tap it. It should install or give you the choice of apps to use to install it. (You'll also get a notice that something has to be allowed - the wording changes depending on the version of Android - so follow the instructions and allow it. Then tap the launcher again and it will install. Tap the Home button and you'll be asked which launcher to use - choose the new one. If that also stops when you enable wifi, there's something seriously wrong with the software design of those projectors. If it works, there's something wrong with "Launcherv2". (Most launchers are available somewhere online - but there's not a single Google hit on "launcherv2", so it must be something they wrote themselves.)

In either case, the manufacturers should be contacted, as B. Diddy suggested. Properly written apps don't stop until you stop them, and Android devices access the internet.