What is the purpose of Samsung touchwiz

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Touchwiz is the name of Samsung's custom spin of Android, which includes (among other things) a unique visual style on the homescreen, some additional widgets (like a widget with current time and weather conditions), their own versions of email and calendar apps, and a re-arrangement of the settings menu. You don't really use Touchwiz the way you use other apps - you use it automatically just by using the phone.

And the more recent versions are called Samsung Experience.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
TouchWiz is the name of Samsung's launcher - the app you first see when you turn the phone on, and the app you see when you close another app you're running. If you search launcher in Google Play you'll find loads of them that can do the same thing, some of which you might even like better than TouchWiz. (I always ran Nova Launcher on a Samsung - I can't stand TouchWiz. My wife, on the other hand, loved it.)

MTTwister

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Touch Wiz just started popping up on my Galaxy 5. Been happy ( for 2 + years) with what ever the heck was previously running the phone, and don't want to kick off a new app I don't need ( just once or always..) . Every time I press the home key to get to the basic screen this thing pops up.
How do I disable this thing, and get rid of it entirely.. Haven't seen an 'app' in the android folder, but maybe not looking for the correct folder name. help appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance