My old phone broke and there's no way to get back into it, but my email is still in there with apps that I no longer use on my new phone, but emails are coming from apps that are still in my old phone, so I need to figure out how to stop certain apps from sending me emails.
    06-15-2018 06:20 AM
    Welcome to Android Central!

Look at the bottom of those emails. There's usually a "click here to unsubscribe" link, and in my experience, that takes care of the problem emails within a few days. If it doesn't, report 'em as spam.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-15-2018 07:07 AM
    The only problem with some of those "click here to unsubscribe" links is that they may really be "click here to verify that you still use this email address". They'll unsubscribe you, but sell your email address as a verified address (which is worth a lot more).

Go to the web site for your email account and see if there's a way to block certain senders. (There is at GMail - open the email, click More, then click "Filter messages like these". Fill it out to delete the message [and check the box to do the same to others, if it's more than 0] and the email gets stopped before your email app sees it.)
    06-15-2018 12:32 PM