Sorry to ask so basic questions, but android is not made for me and I must adapt. I changed to a Galaxy S8+ recently and I want my music mp3 files loaded to my new phone. Two questions:
    1. which is the standard app to play music on the S8+? In my previous HiSense phone with Android 4.2.1 I had a "loudspeaker" Icon to access the music, but it is no longer there on the S8
    2. I can comet the phone to the PC and upload music files to the S8. But to what file, exactly?
    Thanks a lot
    06-15-2018 08:35 AM
    Normally, to save space in the phone, you put music on an SD card. I usually create a folder ('folder' and 'file' are totally different things) named Music. Under that you can create additional folders by genre or artist or whatever makes the most sense to you. It's a personal choice. (If you don't want to spend money for an SD card, you can use a folder named Music in internal storage.

As for the music player, copy a music file to the phone - wherever you decide to put it. Use My Files to find the music file and tap it. some app will run and play it. Just find that app in the app drawer (the box of boxes at the lower right of the screen) and drag it to the home screen. Then use that app to play music. Or look in Google Play for the music player of your choice.
    06-15-2018 01:20 PM