as usual, I do restart my phone every couple days, but this time I wish I just did not.
    after restarting my phone, most of my data at the SD card is lost.
    I tried to get help from Samsung, but the thing they said that it is impossible for the data to be deleted by itself, and they did not believe what I said.
    now, my data is gone? or I can do anything for getting it back?
    it was the worst customer service I have ever received. I am not going to trust Samsung anymore.
    HELP PLEASE>>
    06-15-2018 10:35 PM
    Take the SD card out and try to read it on a computer. Still gone?
    06-16-2018 04:55 AM
    Try running PhotoRec on the card when it's in the PC (instructions at PhotoRec Step By Step). If the files still exist in the card, whether there's a file structure left or not (meaning no way to access the files, even with a deleted file recovery program), PhotoRec will find them and recover them. You'll lose the names of the files (they're stored in the directory, not in the files, and PhotoRec assumes that the directory was destroyed, or even that the storage device was repartitioned), but unless the files were completely overwritten (shredded, not deleted, which an accident like yours probably wouldn't have done), they'll be recovered.

Samsung has been known for this before - an S3 update ate SD cards. Which is why I use only SanDisk cards. (They came out with a fix for their cards being used in the S3 before Samsung came out with the fix for the S3.)
    06-16-2018 01:27 PM
    First let Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android scan your Samsung s9+. There is a recovery mode called SD Card Recovery. You can choose that mode. If the lost data on SD Card can be displayed on program window, you can recover them back.
    07-11-2019 03:00 AM
    After a year, I'm sure they resolved the issue
    07-11-2019 03:10 AM
    First let Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android scan your Samsung s9+. There is a recovery mode called SD Card Recovery. You can choose that mode. If the lost data on SD Card can be displayed on program window, you can recover them back.
    Does the recovery of data cost money?
    07-11-2019 06:30 AM
    I costs $45 and this crap requires your phone to be rooted. Many devices are well locked down these days so as with Dr Fone leave it alone (poetry!). As the OP refers to the SD card this program is overkill, anyway, there are plenty of free SD card recovery tools kicking around.
    07-11-2019 07:06 AM