The current state of Chinese Smartphones.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm looking at picking one up but I want to know how are they with software updates for the latest version of Android? Are they better than the likes of Samsung and LG for updates?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Depends on what you mean by "Chinese."
Technically Motorola is Chinese because it is owned by Lenovo, a Chinese company.
Xiaomi has Android One options among it's lineup, and those are the probably the second fastest phones to get updates, next only to Pixels, since the software and hardware are done by Google, the only modifications by carriers are specific apps like those Android Ones with dual cameras.
Huawei is pretty decent I here outside the US, not sure over there.
Then there's Starmobile (at least I think that one is Chinese) who's customer rep actually was caught saying that all phones bought are as is and do not receive updates.

Denney Masters1

May 2, 2018
Visit site
Depends on what you mean by "Chinese."
Technically Motorola is Chinese because it is owned by Lenovo, a Chinese company.
Xiaomi has Android One options among it's lineup, and those are the probably the second fastest phones to get updates, next only to Pixels, since the software and hardware are done by Google, the only modifications by carriers are specific apps like those Android Ones with dual cameras.
Huawei is pretty decent I here outside the US, not sure over there.
Then there's Starmobile (at least I think that one is Chinese) who's customer rep actually was caught saying that all phones bought are as is and do not receive updates.

I was looking at Huawei and Xiaomi phones

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx