Phone not working after Oreo update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My husband did the auto update for his Galaxy S7 edge and now it is unresponsive. None of the touch screen features work. It booted up to look like it should after the update(I have the same phone and my update was fine) but he cannot even swipe it to open. We have tried shutting down and restarting, as well as restarting in safe mode. I'm at a loss as to what else to try.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Have him (or you) bring the phone into the carrier and ask for assistance. Some carriers can reflash the update. (Don't accept an offer to reflash the ROM - that will wipe out everything in the phone except Android!) If they can't, it becomes a liability issue - their update damaged his phone, so what are they going to do about it? (AT&T offered me two choices - since the first one was to replace the phone, I didn't ask what the second one was.) If they replace the phone, it will be with a refurb, so be sure to take some kind of insurance, since while some carriers actually refurbish their refurbs, some just check to see that it charges, it turns on and it works. If there's water damage (which just keeps getting worse until the phone fails) they never know, because they never look.

And this would be a good time to mention that you should both be keeping backups of anything on the phones (his and yours) that are important. They can replace your phone, they can't replace your pictures, videos, voice recordings of baby's first word, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay