Is my S9 Camera Defective?

Tarek Fahmi

Jun 17, 2018
Visit site
My S9 just arrived today. After setting it up and everything, I decided I would try taking a photo or 2 to test the all new amazing camera, and I instantly noticed a terrible red tint. I tried cleaning the lense, turning HDR off, and playing around with a bunch of settings, and im starting to think the camera's defective. All the images have a red tint and weird grainy/blurry quality. Look at the images attatched.

This is absolutely infuriating. I spent a boatload of money on this phone, and after having a defective s7 that ended up dying to a random bootloop, Im starting to have second thoughts about samsung.

Could you guys take a look at these images and tell me whether the phones defective or not? If it is, Ill take it in and get it replaced. If not, ill just get my money back. Thanks!

Attachments

• 4388.jpg
    4388.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That is a beautiful picture. I love how the ambient room lighting (Insert K) and the HP screen settings applied genuinely reflect off of that keyboard. You can also see the wear and tear on the keyboard which has its own reflective luminescent qualities. Its as if some conviviality exist and yet it is represented well in your OP. Can you post another pic or two for the sake of objectivity?