I can't move pics in Gallery

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

From the Gallery app, I have become unable to move photos from other folders (camera, downloads, facebook, etc.) into my private folder.
I can copy them, but that creates an unnecessary step in deleting them from the original folder, or I can move them using the My Files app, but that lacks a useful interface.
Currently running a Samsung Galaxy S8 with Android V7.0

Tenab

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
Any suggestions on this one? My Note 8 is running Oreo. This behavior just started yesterday for me. It was working fine for months.

I have lots of folders on a external storage. I keep a few active folders on the internal storage. I can't move or copy between any of the folders internal or external. I have room in both locations. I can move pictures any direction freely through the file system. Just more work and I do a lot of sorting, so it's much easier to do it in gallery than to move through file system.

I've tried,
deleting the most recent app that interfaced with gallery (message app)
Force stopping both camera and gallery and restart. (Regular and hard restarts)

Please Help anyone?!

Tenab

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
I've now tried repeating all above steps, and removing updates to gallery. Delete cache on any app that might connect to gallery. Shut down restart. No luck.

One more oddity, when I attempt a move, the target folder shows the "new" flag.as though the move were successful. So some pointer is being set, but not all of them.

It really needs an uninstall option. I'm not even trying to use my SD card folders just internal.

Whassup Bro

Sep 24, 2018
Visit site
I don't know if this will work for anyyone else, but it my case, this was the problem...
In settings, go to Developer Options, go to section "Applications", make sure "Do not keep activities" is turned off (unchecked). This was causing more than one problem for me (home screen lag, and unable to move pictures in stock gallery app.) Let me know if it helped.

sublime5981

Oct 3, 2018
Visit site
Worked for me. Thank you! This has been driving me nuts for months and so inconvenient to sort through every photo looking for one in particular. I take many for reference for work and they get lost in the camera and download photos. Especially after my two week road trip vacation in July!

Oceanh

Dec 29, 2019
Visit site
Hidden photos issue...... Resolved

Running on EMUI 10
Open your "files" app
You will see the categories, videos, images, audio, docs etc
At the bottom of the page, you will see "recent", "categories" and "me"
Click on "me"
Click on "settings"
Endure both of the below settings are selected (turned on)
Show hidden files
Show hidden media files

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae