Prime Day deal: Save $200 on the Samsung Galaxy S21

I've just got my new Galaxy S9+ and for the first time i got it i didn't charge it 5h or 8h i just unplugged it when it's fully charged and my estimated battery was 17h+. But after i charged it 5h straight when it was already 70% now the estimated battery life dropped to only 12h... so is it the problem ? And is it because i overcharged the phone when it was already 70%? If so, what should i do to get my previous battery life ? Please kindly leave an answer thanks you
    06-18-2018 06:55 AM
    Take a look at the battery usage statistics to see if there's an app consuming excess power in the background:

Settings->Device maintenance->Battery->Battery usage

You didn't damage your battery by "overcharging." The phone and/or charger regulate current flow such that your battery won't be damaged in this scenario.
    MachidoKH likes this.
    06-18-2018 07:20 AM
    Take a look at the battery usage statistics to see if there's an app consuming excess power in the background:

Settings->Device maintenance->Battery->Battery usage

You didn't damage your battery by "overcharging." The phone and/or charger regulate current flow such that your battery won't be damaged in this scenario.
    Thanks you but why did my estimated battery life drop to 12h ? Or 12h is the average bettery life on S9+?
    06-18-2018 08:09 AM
    Thanks you but why did my estimated battery life drop to 12h ? Or 12h is the average bettery life on S9+?
    Well, mine isn't that low, so who knows? It took over a week for my battery stats to settle down and report a more accurate number, and I had one problematic app, but I turned off background activity and stats improved significantly.

I also understand that the models with Exynos processors had shorter battery life than those with Qualcomm (I'm in the US, so mine has a Qualcomm).
    06-18-2018 08:41 AM
    Well, mine isn't that low, so who knows? It took over a week for my battery stats to settle down and report a more accurate number, and I had one problematic app, but I turned off background activity and stats improved significantly.

I also understand that the models with Exynos processors had shorter battery life than those with Qualcomm (I'm in the US, so mine has a Qualcomm).
    So how many hours is your estimated battery life after fully charged?
    06-18-2018 10:41 AM
    Mine's usually in the high-30's. Even now, with the battery gauge reading 87%, it's estimating a bit over 31 hours.
    06-18-2018 10:43 AM
    Mine's usually in the high-30's. Even now, with the battery gauge reading 87%, it's estimating a bit over 31 hours.
    Wow that's too long... what about daily use? How long can it go a day?
    06-18-2018 12:11 PM
    With moderate use (mostly phone calls, WhatsApp, texting, a few Hangouts, 1 hour or less of audio streaming and looking stuff up in Chrome) I easily get through a 15-hour day with at least 60% to spare.
    06-18-2018 12:42 PM
    06-18-2018 12:44 PM
    This is mine after a bit of using... is that ok?
    Attached Thumbnails Is my Galaxy S9+ battery having some problems?-143.jpg  
    06-18-2018 08:25 PM
    It seems quite low, but you might have more apps running in the background than I do. I seem to recall that Facebook was a real battery-killer, but I no longer use it so I can't tell whether that's still the case.

Our screen-on time is similar, but mine was accumulated over a 7-hour span, while yours was used (it seems) for more than an hour straight.
    06-19-2018 05:53 AM
    Damn. .. I have a S9 and my battery went from 65% to 0% after listening to music at low volume for about 7 hours while sleeping with the wired in-ear phones you get with the phone and that's while the phone was in "sleep mode" it wasn't opened or turned on at all during those hours. Living in Europe I also have an Exynos
    06-20-2018 02:39 AM