My Pixel 2 won't connect to my new Seagate : it makes a weird noise (bip, bip... endlessly) and nothing happens... The same Seagate can easily connect to a recent Samsung, what is the problem with Pixel 2?

I tried to download some Seagate applications on the Pixel, but still not working... I didn't find the right application? Or is there a general bug for the Pixel 2 with hard drives??

Thank you!!!
    06-19-2018 09:35 PM
    Is the Seagate self-powered or is there a separate power supply? If it's self-powered, the P2 may not be able to supply enough current to it.
    06-20-2018 07:46 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

Since the Pixel has a USB C connection, and the Seagate most likely a USB A, it may be possible the bottleneck is in the adapter piece?

Edit.... I just thought of this as I hit submit....are you enabling the Pixel to supply power to the Seagate?
    06-20-2018 07:50 PM
    Thanks for your answers! The Seagate is self-powered...

So how can I enable the Pixel to supply power to the Seagate?? At least I'll try this, hoping it will have just enough power for the Seagate.........
    06-21-2018 05:43 AM
    Is it a general problem for the P2??...
    06-21-2018 05:44 AM
    Thanks for your answers! The Seagate is self-powered...

So how can I enable the Pixel to supply power to the Seagate?? At least I'll try this, hoping it will have just enough power for the Seagate.........
    When you plug the phone into a PC (or in this case, the external drive) you should get a system notification, well...2 actually. One should have a statement about charging. If you tap that one, it should bring up an option of providing power to a device.

I have never done this. I am not sure how much of a drain this will be on the phone. If the drive is a spinning disk (HDD) this drain may be significant.
    06-21-2018 10:09 AM