does anyone have an explanation why my google activity is saying used "verizon voice mail" when I have at&T and have never used Verizon voicemail. The same thing is showing up on my husbands activity but on different days
    06-20-2018 02:25 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you get your phone directly from AT&T, or did you get it unlocked from somewhere else? If it was originally meant for Verizon, that might be why you're seeing that.
    06-23-2018 09:28 PM
    I am an AT&T customer and it pops up on my activity as well. I purchased my phone through the AT&T store so there isn't a chance that it is intended for Verizon. Has anyone found an answer as to why Verizon voicemail would come up on my google activity?
    08-10-2018 01:46 PM
    Solved: After talking to a live Google assistant on their help desk, Leslie checked my phone model and found that it is a Verizon model. So what is happening. Retailers buy their phones in lots, and each lot is configured by one of the major phone companies. Using Walmart as the example, they have purchased phones from both Verizon and AT&T, but they are able to unlock either of them for either cell company. So when you buy the phone and you have an AT&T account, they might grab a Verizon configured phone. When they set up the phone as new, however, your phone company will install their software, but some of the very low-level software won't change. Hence, even though you are using an AT&T phone service, the phone itself still might be using the originally installed software to do the actual work in spite of the phone screen showing you otherwise. You can prove it to yourself (which I did), by calling your AT&T voicemail. Then wait a few minutes and check your activity. You will see that every single time you do so, it will show used "Verizon Voicemail." Hope that helps.
    01-26-2019 08:29 AM