I use WiFi a lot. Is it feasible to downgrade my phone service?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Most of my data usage is through wifi. Should I downgrade my phone service?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That depends on what you're paying, what provider you have and what plan options they offer. If downgrading your plan to spend less on less data makes sense to you, and your provider offers the option, I don't see why it wouldn't make sense...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I realized I was using very low data per month, around 4-6GB a month only because I am connected to WiFi a lot, plus my carrier has a data roll over feature, so if I didn't use part of my data last month, it gets added to the next month's allowance. So I decided paying for something bigger than 6GB is just wasted money.

Before you downgrade, as stated above, take a look at what your carrier offers and then your average usage of data, and your max usage. So you should try to estimate how much you should reduce what you're paying for. Compute how much you think you need, then add maybe 500mb or 1GB over that for safety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze