How To Lock (hide) heads up bar during gameplay

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I'm a new android user, switching from an iPhone 5s to galaxy S9 after 6 years on the apple train. I like a lot of it so far, but I'm VERY unhappy about one aspect of how games seem to run on this phone. I'm told things on Android are super customizable so I'm hoping one of you kind souls can help me find the right magic spell to fix my problem.

So I play this rhythm game (Love Live School Idol Festival to be specific) and I hold the phone with my back fingers and tap with my two index fingers. The problem is the edge of the screen will sometimes show the heads up tray or the navigation bar, which even appearing for a moment can completely throw me off and ruin a song and generally make me go from happy to raging in 2 seconds flat.

I'm finding in general that the edges of this phone are just too sensitive so hopefully getting a case will reduce the issue, too. However, what I'm hoping to learn is this:

Is there some way to completely lock/hide the heads up tray (the thing with the notification bar) and the navigation bar while playing a game?

I'm using game tools which blocks notifications but doesn't keep the bar itself from appearing if I graze the top of the screen. The navigation bar similarly can appear when I play and even the game tools menu itself will get bumped and completely cover the screen. It's infuriating

Is there any way to lock these functions during an app, maybe until I hit the lock button on the side of the phone? This is my main frustration with Android so far is the lack of a physical home button, because just as I predicted, it means you can accidentally hit the thing while playing a game. But I'm optimistic that there is some secret thing to save me from this frustration so I don't feel tempted to go back to the dark side just to enjoy my games.

I would greatly appreciate any and all advice anyone can offer. I could really use some help during this transition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol