How do I get the floating YouTube Red video OFF my s7 screen and JUST listen to music w/o video?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I used to be able to just hit the home screen & YouTube wouldn't show the video anymore.

Now, ever since the April 2018 update, an annoying mini video covers my apps & scrolls with me from page to page & over apps covering other things I want to do on my Galaxy S7. (Not edge, not sure that matters though.)

I can still turn my screen off & hear the music but I can't have the screen ON WITHOUT the mini video covering a portion of my phone screen & getting in the way of everything.

How do I get rid of that stupid mini YouTube video that is covering up part of my screen when I try to exit the video screen for YouTube Red?

I even had to close YouTube Red COMPLETELY I'm order to just type in this box and actually be able SEE what I was typing!

So frustrating!
Please HALP!
TYVM!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to your system settings and search for Picture-in-picture. Select YouTube there, then turn off the Allow Picture-in-Picture switch.

If you still want the picture-in-picture feature sometimes, then the best workaround I can find is the following:

1. Start playing the YouTube video in the YouTube app.
2. Tap Home -- you'll see the picture-in-picture.
3. Swipe the YouTube window off the screen. This will stop the playback, but if you swipe down the notification panel, you should see a YouTube playback notification. Tap the Play button there, and the music will resume without the picture-in-picture.

I would encourage you to send feedback to Google from within the YouTube app's settings about this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci