Samsung Galaxy S9 pictures are not in my gallery I took

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just took several pictures at my office with my Samsung Galaxy S9 and none of the pictures are in my gallery :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Use My Files or any other file manager app to look directly in the /DCIM/Camera directory. Do you see them there? Also, is the Camera app set to save pics to Internal Storage or an SD card?

anon(8453378)

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I took 1 picture over the weekend that also is not in my gallery app. This has never happened before. I looked in the dcim/camera folder where my other pictures are and I did find the missing photo.

I have the s9 plus.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Restart the phone. Taking a picture should trigger Media Scan to add the picture you just took to the database. Evidently something glitched. (Gallery doesn't look in the phone for pictures, it looks in the Media Scan database, the same as all media apps do, so that every media app doesn't have to scan the entire phone every time you run it.)

anon(8453378)

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm...i restarted the phone and the photo was still missing in the gallery. I then searched for the date in the gallery, found the photo, and then viewed it. After that, the photo appears in the gallery.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
With the speed of phones these days, maybe Google should eliminate Media Scan and just let apps scan for their own files. It would eliminate all these types of problems - and we see them all the time. (But Google doesn't listen to me.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX