Why are multiple apps crashing after latest update?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So, I just did a software update about a week and a half ago on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Active. I currently have 8.0.0. Ever since the update, I've been having apps like Google Photos and Game Launcher randomly crash on me (I can't even open them for more than 5 seconds). On top of that, my phone seems to be running extremely choppy and slow. Any ideas?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the cache?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

mrichardson2

Jun 29, 2018
Visit site
I am having similar issues since installing the June update. My Google App crashes constantly. I have tried clearing the cache and uninstalling updates but nothing has worked. I have finally had to disable it to stop the random pop ups from happening.

I don't see any pattern to when it crashes. It gives me the option to restart the app which works sometimes but other times it just pops up another crash screen seconds later.

I haven't made any changes to my phone or downloaded any weird apps.

I have a Samsung S8.

UPDATE: My ability to hit the microphone and talk to my phone for text messaging purposes is also not working. This is after I reinstalled Google App, updated it, and also tried a different messaging app. The microphone doesn't work in Chrome either. As soon as I click on it I see it say "initializing" then it stops. "Ok google isn't working either. When I tried to re-set up Google Assistant it can't access the microphone. It says the microphone isn't working and to try again later.

So it seems part of my issue is the microphone isn't working anywhere on my phone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae