Hardware: Irulu X11 QuadCore-A33
    Firmware v3.3rc5
    Kernel version: 3.4.39
    Build number:LMY47V.20150918
    Android version:5.1.1

My tablet has been like this since I got it, and I have done a hard reset and the situation is the same. The hard reset process took 20 minutes just to get to the welcome screen where it asks what language I want to use so I suspect this points at a hardware issue unless it is just down to the amount of software Irulu includes?

When I switch on the tablet, the Irulu startup sounds plays but stutters. When the tablet eventually starts up, which takes 5 minutes, it takes around 1 minute for the tablet to respond to any pressing on the screen I do. I am a very patient person with electronic devices, and am not pressing repeatedly. I press once to open the apps drawer and it takes 1 minute!
    I have considered rooting the device to perhaps put on a more responsive version of Android but before I do so (I haven't ever attempted this before) I wondered if anyone else had a better suggestion. I'd rather not chuck it in the bin, I only want it to play Spotify but struggling even to do that.

I can't return the tablet under warranty and although it seems in very good condition physically I don't know how old it is - I bought it off someone on gumtree. They said they never used it, and I can understand why! It certainly is in great shape physically and even has the screen protector on still so I suspect they got frustrated trying to use it and just thought they'd get a bit of money for it. I don't want to sell it to someone else as it is.

Thanks!
    06-27-2018 08:36 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.
    06-28-2018 01:35 PM