wont charge my phone when im out
    06-27-2018 09:26 AM
    Take the rating of the powerbank in mA. Find the output of the charger. (It's probably in Amps - if it is, multiply by 1,000 to get mA.) Divide the powerbank rating by the charger output. Multiply by 1.5. That's about how many minutes it will take. It entirely depends on the battery capacity and the charger output. If it's a 10,000mAh powerbank and a 2A charger, it will take at least 7.5 hours to charge it. And that's assuming that you didn't drain it so far that its safety mechanism kicked in and it can't be charged any more.

(If you charge a fully discharged - meaning 0.0 Volts - lithium battery, the chances are that it will explode. And a 10,000mAh battery will take out a large chunk of your house when it does. And a large enough chunk of you, if you're near it, that the only thing you'll be worrying about is getting the right size harp.)

So plug it into the charger, go to sleep, and see if it's charged in the morning. If it is, don't discharge it lower than about 40% - 30% in an emergency, but that's shortening its life. And don't charge it more than 80% regularly. That also shortens its life.
    06-27-2018 02:17 PM
    (If you charge a fully discharged - meaning 0.0 Volts - lithium battery, the chances are that it will explode. And a 10,000mAh battery will take out a large chunk of your house when it does. And a large enough chunk of you, if you're near it, that the only thing you'll be worrying about is getting the right size harp.)
    For reference, an 8,000mAh battery going boom.

And remember, don't try stupid stuff like that at home. While that battery was obviously and purposely abused, Li-ion batteries are generally safe. I only linked to that video to show what could happen in a worst case scenario (catastrophic explosion) of a similar sized battery.
    belodion likes this.
    06-27-2018 02:33 PM
    ^ Idiots ought to have done it in a controlled environment, not outdoors where there are small animals and plants.
    06-27-2018 03:00 PM
    ^ Idiots ought to have done it in a controlled environment, not outdoors where there are small animals and plants.
    I didn't say what they did was a smart idea. Lol
    belodion likes this.
    06-27-2018 07:19 PM
    I didn't say what they did was a smart idea. Lol
    Don't worry, I realise this.
    06-27-2018 07:22 PM