I reset my phone and now my SD card is supported and I have to set it all up again, which means I'll lose all my apps. Why did this happen? Can It be fixed without losing my stuff? My phone is a zte sonata 3. I know all my smart friends here on AC know how to fix it, please, please, please. 😐
    06-27-2018 09:13 PM
    So you either had the apps installed on the SD card or had the SD card mounted as adoptable storage? If either of those cases are true, then it's to be expected that you'll have to set the SD card up again because the phone no longer knows to pull that type of data from the card. That's one of the main reasons why it's not generally a good idea to install apps to it or use adoptable storage.
    06-27-2018 10:51 PM
    I had it set up as additional internal storage. This is the same phone it was in before I reset the phone. So I have to set it up all over again and lose my stuff? I had a feeling I was going to have to, just hoping that there was a way around it. Thank you.
    06-27-2018 11:23 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. When you factory reset the phone, it goes back to square one. That includes not knowing the SD card was mounted as adoptable storage. Because of this, it'll require going through that setup process again.
    06-27-2018 11:29 PM
    I had it set up as additional internal storage. This is the same phone it was in before I reset the phone. So I have to set it up all over again and lose my stuff? I had a feeling I was going to have to, just hoping that there was a way around it. Thank you.
    06-28-2018 12:09 AM