I see a lot of apps on cnet and other sites that say they can recover pictures. I lost my phone and attempted to do a factory reset on my mom's phone. Since we had the same phone and it showing the phone to be enabled for external factory reset I reset the phone but the thing was it would only stay on the page where her phone was showing and not showing the lost phone. It erased everything on her phone. I am trying to recover it using an app. Can anyone who has tried doing it tell me how or what app I could use? TIA!
    07-03-2018 01:29 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to recover those pics after a factory reset. Those apps you read about are only partially successful at best, are sometimes offered by shady developers, and typically require rooting the phone. Rooting the phone itself will overwrite a certain amount of deleted data.

Do you know if she had Google Photos auto-backup turned on? On a computer, log into her Google account and go to photos.google.com to see if the photos are there. While you're at it, go to contacts.google.com to see if she had been saving her contacts to her Google account (rather than the local Phone account, which doesn't sync anywhere).
    07-03-2018 02:02 AM