I've been using my tab since 2011. It worked fine up until last year when I opened it to transfer some files and it just shut down! The whole screen went black and I felt it discharging (it was becoming very hot). Then when I tried to get it open, it wouldn't so I tried charging it. Again, no luck. So I thought maybe the problem was inside the tab. I tried opening it and with a little luck, i succeeded.
    What i noticed inside was a black, oil-like substance that was in and near the port for earphones and near the back of the camera. If anyone has a similar experience, I hope you can give me an advice. The tab holds a lot of memories for me. If I can't get it fixed, I hope I can at least get all my files back.
    07-03-2018 04:06 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Not sure what the oily stuff was -- did it seem like it was leaking from the battery?

The first thing to try would be to replace the battery. Bring it to a repair shop for that, or search for YouTube videos on how to do it yourself, if you're so inclined.
    07-03-2018 03:20 PM