How do I add / move / arrange / rearrange homescreens in Android 8.0 Oreo?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just finally got the long-awaited update to Android 8.0 on my LG G6. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted widgets on some homescreen pages. When I went to re-add the widgets, I see there have been some changes. I can no longer hold the home button down, or pinch to zoom out, to see all of my homescreens, add pages, and rearrange them. It seems like I am forced to add these new homescreens to the end, via long-pressing on the homescreen dots, pressing widgets and adding the widgets to the end. Is there really no longer a way to rearrange homescreens? I've searched for this everywhere and I don't see any documentation about it.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I just tried on my Pixel 2 XL running Oreo and I can hold on a "page" and move it within the realm of "pages". I'm on the stock launcher on my device. LG may have changed something in the way the device works.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

nt21

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
Hi I did join! Thank you for your reply. I have tried to hold on to the "page" and move it - nothing. No functionality at all like any past versions of Android. I'm so baffled. Could they have totally nixed the ability to do this? I have googled and can't find others talking about this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance