Huawei P20 Pro Wifi connectivity speed

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello. Recently I've received a new Huawei P 20 Pro and since my previous bad experience with my old phone, I've developed a phobia- I am afraid of my breaking my new phone! So, just to be safe, I thought I will drop my question in here, maybe someone will be able to help me out.

Question in regards to wifi- How's your Hp20P is catching the signal? Lets say your home wifi- is the connection good? How long does it take to actualy see wifi symbol after you press wifi on your screen? Because at the 1st and 2nd day after I've received a phone it worked like a bee, but now, it seems to me, that it's becoming a little bit slower ( I mean, to connect to wifi). I takes maybe 1 sec more than usual. Maybe it's how it should be? Because since the wifi is coming from the other source than the phone itself, maybe that why sometimes you can catch signal within 1 secs and sometimes it takes 3secs. In other words- wifi waves are not related with phone settings...are they? Because my older Huawei, being very old phone, managed to connect to wifi, but it took like 15-20 secs everytime and it was painfuly slow.

I just want to live at peace, knowing that it's just happening in my mind ( I mean that wifi takes 1sec or even 0.5 mili sec to load up) But just to be sure, is it happening for you as well, when sometimes it connect straight to wifi, but sometimes it takes a little bit more time?

Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The connect time is usually determined by how busy the router is at the moment you start trying to connect, and whether you're using WPS or a password. (And which type of encryption you're using.) If the phone determines even 5% of that, I'd be surprised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol