I have Android LG Zone 3, I have went through all of my chargers and they all do the same thing, so I'm convinced it is my phone. Also my phone gets easily and quickly over heated and it's really laggy, what do I do to prevent this?
    07-04-2018 11:24 PM
    Welcome to the forums, but I'm afraid I don't have much good news on this.

When you say you tried different chargers, did you also try different USB cables? Those are usually the culprit. If you tried that, then it's the phone itself. If you lightly wiggle the cable at the phone's USB port, does it give you any connect/disconnect notices? If so, then it's either the cable right at the plug jacket (a common weak point) or USB port. If it doesn't, then my next guess is the battery (though I've never personally witnessed that symptom due to a bad battery). The phone was released 2 years ago, so it may not be a bad idea to replace it anyway.

The heat may also be related to the battery, but could be due to your activity because the specs are so low. This is a budget phone, so it won't take much to push its limits. If it's getting hot at idle, then I'd lean towards the battery for this as well. If you notice it shutting down before 0%, like at 10+%, then there's definitely a battery issue.

The bad news is with being a budget phone, you're not likely to find much support for it in terms of batteries and repairs may cost more than it's worth. The good news is that it's so cheap that you aren't or much money on it (about $45 at Walmart). My personal suggestion would be to simply upgrade and move on. Even IF the phone was working 100% perfectly, the specs are abysmal by today's standards and performance will suffer when trying to do even basic stuff. This would be good to make phone calls, and not much else.
    07-04-2018 11:58 PM
    You could run Ampere to see how much current the phone is drawing when it's not charging, then plug in the charger to see the charging current. If the charging current is less than what the phone is using, of course it's going to discharge. That usually happens when you use the Home button when you're finished with an app, instead of closing the app with the Back button.

But, as Mooncatt said, it may make more economic sense to replace the phone with a better one. It's really a 2014 phone dressed up to look like a 2016 phone. If you insist, though, you can get a new battery from eBay. (Walmart has them too, but they're $23. For that price, it pays to get a new LG Rebel from them from them for $32. That's just $9 for a second phone.) But I'd really save up and look for a better phone.
    07-05-2018 12:22 PM