Play store specific country in app purchase gold packs price for a game

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

hi,

I'm trying to figure out the price of a specifc in app purchase gold pack (purchase of an expension package bought in from within the game app - "in app purchase").
so each country in google play store is selling in its local country currency, i wan to to figure out for a specific app/game for a specific gold/expnsion in app pack the price in it's local play store currency.

example: google play USA will sell a gold/expednsion pack sold within a game for 100$ and same gold pack for the same game costs in the UK google play store in 68 pounds (UK currency) which is the equivalent of 90$.

so, today in order to find out this info you will have to convert the play store local country to the country you want to check and install the game and check from within the game.

is there a way to do it faster /easier ?

thanks,

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I wish there were. I used to maintain a database of the closing exchange rates for about 25 currencies - a grid, exchanging any one for any other - and that was the only way to do it. Get the current rate, then use it to calculate the amount in that currency. Since computers are fast, that's still the way used. (Even back in about 2008 it only took a couple of minutes to download the entire block of data and store it into a database.) If you can develop an app, you can develop a little utility that converts US$ into every other currency you can find on a ForEx site not even easily, but trivially. oanda.com used to have an API you could call with a single GET to get about 25 rate pairs. (If I could write it in VB 6, it can be written in just about anything with internet access.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae