How to disable in-app vibration in whatsapp?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I have a problem that's a little silly, I talk using voice records on whatsapp, and alot of the times me or the person I'm talking with gets a lot of messages while sending a record which makes the phone vibrate while recording and the vibration sound appears in the record and makes it very unclear, and we have to send another record because of that, so I was wondering if there's a way to disable the vibration when inside the app. I know it's not much of a problem but it gets very annoying when it keeps happeing in a conversation.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Try this: open WhatsApp, then tap on the three-dots menu button in the upper right. Open Settings, then Notifications. You'll see 3 categories of notifications - Message, Group, and Call. That's where you can disable vibration alerts for each of those categories.

These settings will turn off vibration alerts even when you're NOT using WhatsApp. To get exactly what you want, you'd have to download and install Tasker from the Google Play Store, then write a script that disables vibration alerts while WhatsApp is active. It can be a bit tricky, but I'd be willing to help you write the script if you decide it's worth the time and effort (and money - Tasker is a paid app, after all).

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Ah1731

Jul 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi djrakowski, Thanks alot for answering !
This app looks very useful so I would be willing to invest in it, but I have no idea how I can use it to automatically change the settings when I'm in or out.
Also I want to be able to share this solution with the person I'm talking with, so if they have this app, would that be possible?

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome!

I'm going to try this out on my phone later today, then report back with my findings. Once I've written the script, I'm willing to share it with you, and then you can also share it with your other contact.

Ah1731

Jul 5, 2018
Visit site
So you're going to write the code and share it?
You're probably the most helpful person I came across on online forums
This little issue has been bugging me for a long while 😂

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work the way I explained above. The option to disable vibration for notifications isn't available on my device, and I don't have any other on which I can test it. Sorry!
Screenshot_20180705-171332_Tasker.jpg