I have an ATT Maven3 I put my Cricket SIM in..works ok but I cannot get the hotspot to turn on...my previous ZTEs on Cricket would using MyFi app bypassing the Cricket load but with this config, it keeps giving me the "contact ATT or call 611" message..is there a way to delete this so I can get the hotspot to work as before?
    07-05-2018 09:57 AM
    Probably not. Evidently someone figured out what you (and thousands of other people) were doing, and wrote a patch to prevent it. Now you'll have to wait until someone comes out with a tethering app that works around the patch. (The whole reason for hotspot apps was that some carriers turned off the native app in the phone.) Remember, the carrier sees what's asking for the connection - and they can narrow it down as far as your model phone - so if it's not your phone, but a friend's phone, they can just "drop the packets on the floor", leaving you wondering why you can get to the internet but no one can get to it with your hotspot. (Which isn't the case here - they just see a "hotspot-type" request and pop up that message instead of allowing it to run. As the old TV shoe Outer Limits used to say, they control the horizontal, they control the vertical - or in this case, they control what can use your data connection. It's an arms race.)
    07-05-2018 04:55 PM