Android freezes after accepting pin

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Every one in a while when I wake up my phone and enter my (correct) pin, it will sit on the pin screen until my phone falls asleep. Waking it up, I'm back on the lock screen and have to enter my pin all over again. I can keep pressing the number pad to keep it awake, but it still sits on the unlock screen indefinitely until it falls asleep again or I press "back." If I enter a wrong pin that's four numbers or more it does the same thing, but when I enter in three or less it says "wrong pin." The only solution that works is turning off the phone and turning it back on again, and I'd rather not do that.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central

The first thing I would try is running it in safe mode to see if it may be a third party app causing the issue. If that's the problem you may have remove some apps until you find the one that's causing it. If that's not feasible or it still does it in safe mode I would next try a factory reset after backing up my files. Make you sure you don't allow the phone to reinstall the apps automatically.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc