I paid $800 to tmobile when they released the G6. Verizon is really the only reliable market where I live but they would not sell me the phone out right even though I had their service. Mobile was my only option and they assured me I could switch carriers and unlock the phone after 90 days. They did unlock the phone but Verizon says I can't use their service because of "bands" or whatever. I don't want to buy a new phone . I don't want any contracts or monthly payment plans, and I shouldn't have to . I got ripped off trying to avoid getting ripped off.
    07-06-2018 05:03 PM
    Sadly, that device had different model numbers for each carrier. This means that the model was built to specifically support the carrier. It may be possible for it to work with AT&T but because of the very different "core" network types between T-Mobile (GSM) and Verizon (CDMA) it's highly unlikely to work.

"Bands" are radio frequencies. The device you bought (H872 if you look in About Phone in your Settings) does not support the frequencies or network types needed for Verizon (which was model VS988 or VS998, there is a typo/discrepancy on the page)

For reference compare the following spec listings -
    https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g6-8466.php#h872 (T-Mobile's H872 model number)
    https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g6-8466.php#vs998 (Verizon's VS998 or 988)
    07-06-2018 06:07 PM
    I paid $800 to tmobile when they released the G6. Verizon is really the only reliable market where I live but they would not sell me the phone out right even though I had their service. Mobile was my only option and they assured me I could switch carriers and unlock the phone after 90 days. They did unlock the phone but Verizon says I can't use their service because of "bands" or whatever. I don't want to buy a new phone . I don't want any contracts or monthly payment plans, and I shouldn't have to . I got ripped off trying to avoid getting ripped off.
    I don't think the T-Mobile LG G6 will work on Verizon.

Did you ask Verizon or did you swap in a Verizon SIM card and it didn't work?

Sounds like the representative you initially dealt with at Verizon was too lazy. As a Verizon customer, Verizon can absolutely sell you a phone outright. You can even do this yourself online at Verizon's site to save you the headache of dealing with a rep that was probably looking for a commission.

When the G6 came out, Verizon already got rid of contracts. And monthly payment plans wouldn't have been too bad of an option because you could simple get it on the DPP price and pay off the remaining balance in one lump sum.
    07-06-2018 06:29 PM