Phone dropped in sea water a few days ago, found it after about two minutes, dried all the parts individually.

Showed the boot logo but shut down again.

After putting it in some rice for about 24 hours I tried connecting it to the charger, immediately when I connect it, a blue notification light turns on and the bulb starts randomly flickering and changing brightness, same with the hardware buttons yet phone wont turn on. Left it in rice for about 5 hours but became impatient. I tried connecting to the charge, started randomly vibrating, same lights and after four minutes charging, it started playing one of my songs!!?!?. No idea, won't power on after many tries attempting a hard reset, even though screen constantly staying black and no response. Very confused, I swear this is no joke, is it maybe the salt inside is messing with the motherboard? I tried looking for alcohol to soak it in it with but without luck, should I look more for alcohol? I really need help. Should I leave it in longer in rice? I doubt it's the screen as the clues in the hardware lights didn't behave how they would normally. For example even after removing and inserting the battery. Lights will sometimes turn on instantly when connected to the charge. I have an S5 Neo so it doesn't normally do that when it's powering on.

Would amazingly love any feedback, you guys are great.
    Thanks
    07-07-2018 06:58 AM
    It will probably need repeated swishing in changes of alcohol if it is to survive, and I doubt that it will after so long, and after your repeated charging and powering attempts. See this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=477140

Good luck though.
    07-07-2018 07:04 AM
    Thanks, will update you after trying, optimistic at the moment even though I was already saving up for a new one.
    belodion likes this.
    07-07-2018 07:37 AM