Here I am referring particularly to phones such as the OnePlus 6 which offers great specs including the AMOLED screen which allows the notch to be turned off however I strongly believe that this defeats the point of the notch. This is because the obscenity was included to provide more screen to a device which is how Apple utilised it in the iPhone X which meant that they could more or less remove the chin of the device at the bottom however this point is totally missed by the mobiles since, who in making "turn-offable" notches have had to add a chin of a similar size to that of the 18:9 aspect ratio devices in the previous trend to ensure that when the notch is turned off, it doesn't look ridiculous which would be the case if the bezel at the top was larger in thickness than that of the bezel at the bottom.
    In conclusion, I guess I am asking whether it'd be better if manufacturers offered phones including a notch with an end-to-end display with no chin at the bottom and excluding the ability to turn off the notch like the iPhone X OR phones which almost offer and end-to-end display without a notch and equally thin (but present nonetheless) bezels at the top and bottom of the phone display like the Samsung Galaxy S9(+).
    07-09-2018 02:44 PM
    I have a OnePlus 6, and I leave the notch on, HOWEVER I appreciate that the functionality to turn it off, is included for those who DON'T like the notch.

Best of both worlds?
    belodion likes this.
    07-09-2018 02:58 PM
    BTW...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-10-2018 09:31 AM