If I can't delete it, can I at least make it stop permanently? AND, I can't seem to delete the icon from my home screen. Aaaarrrggg!
    07-10-2018 11:51 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? If it was preinstalled, you probably can't uninstall it. The best you can do is Disable it -- go to Settings>Apps, select SmartThings, and look for a Disable button. This will uninstall all updates from the app and prevent it from opening.
    07-10-2018 12:03 PM
    To the best of my knowledge SmartThings isn't a system app (at least it isn't in T-Mobile's S9 line) and you can uninstall it from the Applications section in your phone's settings.

Not sure why you can't delete the icon from your homescreen unless you're using something restricted like Kids Mode or Easy Mode in Samsung's stock launcher or if the app shortcuts have been locked (also an option in a lot of launchers).

SmartThings only has an option to constantly appear on the notification bar, but no permanent shortcut (and the notification bar access can be disabled from SmartThings' settings inside the app).
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-10-2018 12:17 PM