I keep getting notifications that my Samsung cloud is full. I prefer using Google photos to backup but my galaxy S8 is backing them up to Gallery too. Can I stop gallery from doing that? Is it linked to Google photos so that if I delete images from gallery I'll lose them from Google too? Thanks
    07-10-2018 01:30 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Turn off Auto-Sync as described here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=lDRbMTYQ. In the Google Photos app, you can tap the Menu button, and then tap the Free Up Space option. This will delete all photos and videos locally saved on the phone that Google knows it's already backed up to your Google Photos in the cloud.
    07-10-2018 07:40 PM
    omg...

Go to:
    settings
    cloud and accounts
    samsung cloud
    gallery
    turn off sync
    belodion likes this.
    01-18-2019 02:24 PM
    There are no pictures in Google Photos or Gallery - they're apps, not storage locations. They show you the photos that are on your phone. If you delete a photo with either app, you're deleting it from your phone.

You should be able to set wither app, Gallery or Google
    photos, to back up to Google Drive. (Don't set them both to, or you could get double backups, which is a bit of a pain to clear up.)
    01-18-2019 06:24 PM
    I'd make sure Google Photos is automatically backing up photos to Google Photos in the cloud, and then use the Free Up Space feature, which will automatically delete those photos locally from the phone, since they're safely backed up to the cloud.

Your Gallery app can probably sync with your Google Photos account, which means it will also display your photos from the cloud. This doesn't mean the photos are saved again to the phone's storage.
    01-18-2019 09:49 PM