Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm new. My Android phone told me about a great new app that allows me to send text messages from my computer keyboard called "Messages for web." All I had to do was go to was go to messages.android.com and take a picture with my phone of a barcode that showed on my computer screen. It worked GREAT and was really convenient. However, it inexplicably stopped working after a few days. If I try to send a message from my keyboard, I now get a message saying something along the lines of "Send failed. Set SMS as your default on Messenger."

I called Verizon and the agent really didn't know about it. He said to try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. That did not work. Now it says, "Not connected to phone. Make sure your phone is on and connected to Wi-Fi or your mobile network." It *is* on and connected to wifi. I tried disconnecting the wifi and reconnecting it. No results.

Ideas? I really liked this new feature and am disappointed that it inexplicably stopped working after a few days. I didn't change anything. Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have!
    07-10-2018 07:12 PM
    Well, is Google's Messenger app set as your default messaging app? If you're using a 3rd party app (or the stock app if not a Pixel), then the web interface won't be able to send messages (and most likely will also be missing messages from the conversations, especially newer ones).

On the website side, make sure you're connected with the correct Google Account and also try logging out of the Messages web app so that the link to your phone is forced back (you'd have to re-scan the bar code).
    07-11-2018 12:33 PM