when i try to take a photo/video a notification comes up saying "unable to save your photo or video" i have restarted, reset the phone. deleted apps. ejected and reinserted the sd card but nothing helps. im using the original camera and photo apps.
    if i remove the sd card the notification says "please insert sd card" (if that helps)
    i dont know what else to do.
    it seems like its a storage problem.
    please help.
    im using a nokia 5, only have it 6 months.
    07-11-2018 05:47 AM
    Welcome to Android Central!

Make sure you've allowed the camera app to access storage:

Go to Settings->Apps->Camera
    Go to Permissions
    Enable Storage

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-11-2018 06:07 AM
    the apps permissions are on. still cannot take photos. do i have to reboot the phone. is it the last option, because i dont want to lose the data thats on the phone.
    07-11-2018 08:02 AM
    You should be able to solve this problem without resorting to a factory reset.

Did you format the SD card in the phone before using it, and are you storing any other data on the card?

What happens if you configure the camera app to save photos to internal rather than external storage?
    07-11-2018 08:26 AM
    when i first inserted the sd card (2months ago) it requested to be formatted to only work on my phone. i did that and it worked fine until now.
    how do i do that, i have been looking for the settings to change to internal storage but i cant seem to find the steps.
    thank you for you help.
    07-11-2018 10:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that you formatted the card to be Internal Storage? Once it's formatted as Internal Storage, it's encrypted to work on only that phone. The only way to change it to Portable Storage it to reformat it, which means you'll lose any data on the card.

If the card is corrupt or has failed, that could explain why the camera can no longer save photos to there. Have tried a different card?
    djrakowski likes this.
    07-11-2018 01:40 PM
    hello i did do that. the phone requested that i did.
    i will use a different sd card.
    hopefully it will work.
    thank you
    07-12-2018 04:28 AM
    Ok, let us know how it goes! Regarding the formatting of the SD card as Internal Storage -- the phone wouldn't have requested that you do that. It would have offered the option, but I doubt it told you that you had to do that. Adoptable Storage is often not all it's cracked up to be: https://www.androidcentral.com/adoptable-storage
    07-12-2018 11:22 AM