I updated my Galaxy S7 to Android 8.0 and now the lock screen media controls no longer work.

I can see Play, Fast Forward and Rewind but tapping them does nothing. I have tried several apps such as Chromecast: Hulu and Netflix and on my car's Bluetooth with Spotify.

I now have to unlock my phone every time I want to pause, play or fast forward any media on any app.
    07-11-2018 10:47 PM
    This is an issue with your device or the update for your device model. I just tested with my Pixel 2 XL and my Tab S3 (both on Oreo) and the lockscreen media controls worked with Google Play Music. I also seem to recall using the media controls on YouTube while streaming to my Chromecast from my Tab S3 also.

As for how to fix it? You could try a cache partition wipe - https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...n-regimen.html

If that doesn't work, maybe try removing and reinstalling the apps in question? They may not have properly optimized for the new OS. Maybe start with one to see if it fixes the issue.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-12-2018 05:11 AM
    I did a factory restore of my phone and it still doesn't work. I guess I'll just have to hope an update fixes it.
    07-12-2018 09:01 PM