I have a Samsung S8, I have deleted data (photos,docs etc) that I do not want recovered by a recovery program. If I now backup the phone to computer -- Factory reset phone & reinstall from back-up. Can a recovery program pull up previously deleted data from that backup
    07-12-2018 02:48 AM
    Of course not.If you are still worried,add new data on your phone.No any recovery software could recover the data if it was overwritten.Haha.
    07-12-2018 03:52 AM
    Of course not.
    Unless the data is overwritten, it could in principle be recovered (although it may be hard to do so, and virtually impossible if the data was encrypted and the key has been lost).

If you are still worried,add new data on your phone.No any recovery software could recover the data if it was overwritten.
    This is the safest thing to do. The easiest way to fill up your storage is probably to connect the phone to a PC and copy files on to the phone until the disk is full. You can then delete the files. Before you do so, it's a good idea to disconnect the phone and restart it, to ensure the files are really written to flash memory. This way, any confidential pictures will be unrecoverable.

Haha.
    Haha indeed. Even this method is not absolutely 100% guaranteed to remove all data, but practically speaking it should be safe enough.
    07-12-2018 08:24 AM
    Unless the data is overwritten, it could in principle be recovered (although it may be hard to do so, and virtually impossible if the data was encrypted and the key has been lost).
    I'm pretty sure phones are now encrypted by default, so they should be ok when factory resetting them. I do know this was a known possibility in older phones that were not encrypted. On those, the suggested method was to encrypt them before doing a factory reset.
    07-12-2018 08:42 AM