Cant send texts with google assistant

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

We have a business Google account. I switched from my iPhone to a pixel 2, and I can't get Google assistant to send texts. How do I enable this? If I don't get it fixed I'm going to have to switch back to my iPhone. Other than this issue I love this phone, but Siri actually worked...

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

I assume you’re saying, “OK Google, send a message to <contact name/phone number>.” What happens next? Are you using the stock Android Messages app or something else?

Are you able to execute other voice commands (placing phone calls, navigating to an address, etc.)?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

nbouwman

Jul 13, 2018
Visit site
Oops I didn't realize I wasn't signed in! Yes, I can ask Google assistant other questions like the weather and I can call people. When I say hi Google text so and so high, it tells me sorry I can't send emails from this account. I am using the stock messages app.

nbouwman

Jul 13, 2018
Visit site
Oops I didn't realize I wasn't signed in! Yes, I can ask Google assistant other questions like the weather and I can call people. When I say hi Google text so and so high, it tells me sorry I can't send emails from this account. I am using the stock messages app.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I was really hoping that was going to fix if but it still says I can't send emails from this account ??????anyone else have any ideas? If I stop into a Verizon store maybe they might know?

I have no idea. Google have been making some server-side updates to Assistant, but who knows whether it will fix your problem? It's frustrating, to say the least.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I was really hoping that was going to fix if but it still says I can't send emails from this account 😔anyone else have any ideas? If I stop into a Verizon store maybe they might know?

I have no idea. Google have been making some server-side updates to Assistant, but who knows whether it will fix your problem? It's frustrating, to say the least.