its an non rooted note 3 / 5.0
    precious photos with my son...need help!!!!
    07-14-2018 05:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How many photos and videos were lost? Is there a LOST.DIR directory on the SD card? If so, are there any files there?

In the future, remember to use the Copy command, not Move. If something goes wrong with the file transfer and you used the Move command, the original files will still be deleted. With Copy, the original files are left alone. Also, I would strongly suggest backing up your important photos and other data to a more reliable storage, like your computer's hard drive or the cloud (like with Google Photos backup: https://support.google.com/photos/an...DAndroid&hl=en).
    07-14-2018 12:37 PM
    first of all i would to thank you for your quick respond...well ...two large videos (about 600 mb) and circa 100 photos.
    the folder lost dir is empty
    07-15-2018 08:03 AM
    and i tried to transfer the files to the sd for extra safety....and it worked ..till the last procedures...where could thee files be???any idea??
    what shall i try to get them back??
    07-15-2018 08:06 AM
    The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt. (Be aware that SD Insight might not work on all Nougat devices.)

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html. If it finds bad sectors, and the photos aren't crucial to save, then go ahead and allow chkdsk to try repairing those sectors. If the photos are really precious, then you'll have to try recovering them using 3rd party software: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ted-files.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-15-2018 12:26 PM