I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro running Android Nougat. I also have a Samsung EVO 32 GB SD Card which is encrypted.

I am using ES File Explorer to create a simple text file on my SD Card ( tried this on any location of my SD Card).

ES File Explorer can create the file, but I can't write and save anything to it. I write something and press save it shows me the "Saved" toast message, but when I reopen the file all the contents are gone.

I have given ES File Explorer all the necessary permissions, then why is this happening. Other apps like Youtube is using the SD Card fine to store downloaded videos, then why can't I create a file from the ES FIle Explorer interface and write something in that file?

What is going on? Will switching to another file explorer solve the problem? What can I do?
    07-15-2018 05:10 AM
    Unencrypting the SD card will definitely do. Whether using another file manager will or won't is impossible to say without knowing the cause, which you probably can't get at.
    07-15-2018 03:24 PM