Hello,

I believe I have a Galaxy S5. Most of my albums I cannot delete, although one my phone created on its own seems to be working normally. I have two "Camera" albums, one that works and one that doesn't. The one that works just popped up one day. I was taking pictures in my "Camera" album, and it suddenly started a new album with the same name, but it actually works and has continued to do so.

In the "Camera" that doesn't work and all of my other albums, pictures I try to delete return in seconds or have a pop-up saying they can't delete. Some of them have lost part of the image as well, leaving a black line or inability to bring the picture up at all.

Mainly, the issue is I do not want to delete ALL of my images, just the ones that aren't working. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you very much for the help!
    07-15-2018 09:27 AM
    Use My Files. Go to DCIM/Camera (if it's the wrong one, back up one and go to the other one). Long-press a file you want to delete. Then tapping other files will add checkmarks to them too. When you've gotten them all, there should be a trash can at the top - tap it, and all the checked files should get deleted. (It sounds as if you have a filesystem problem, though. You may have to back everything up, then reflash the firmware, then restore everything.)

As for duplicate album names - the album name is the name of the folder the pictures are in, so if you have 2 folders, one at DCIM/Camera and one at DCIM/vacations/Camera, they'll both show as being in Camera albums. It's up to you to keep track of things like that, so you don't duplicate names.
    07-15-2018 02:22 PM