Howdy,

I'm setting up one of my old phones for my kids to use when they are at sports practice or things like that. Mainly an Emergency phone. I want to have it attached to my Google account so I can track it, install apps, etc, but I don't want it to have any of my email, calendar info, etc on it at all. Is there any way to do that?

Do I have to attach it to a dummy Google account to restrict the email/calendar etc info on it or is there a way to use my main Google account and just disable the actual data from coming over.

Thanks!
    07-16-2018 09:43 AM
    After logging in your Google Account, go to Settings>Accounts>Google>Turn off the sync for your calendar, contacts, etc.
    07-16-2018 11:08 AM
    Or set up a dummy account for that phone, add it to your phone, but don't have that account syncing anything. (Even without syncing, if they're on the same account, they can install things from Play on your account, buy things if you don't have security set up, install an email app and read your emails [even the younger kids are pretty "cellphone-aware" these days].)
    07-16-2018 03:17 PM