Hello

I Put in an SD card from my old phone onto my LG 4 and on my old phone moving apps from internal to SD was easy, but on this phone i don't even have an option to do so. I tried formatting the SD card, restarting my phone, removing and put back the SD card but nothing seems to have worked so far. I know some apps cant be switched over but the apps i want to switch over I've done on my old phone and i know they can be switched over.
    07-17-2018 02:44 PM
    If the older phone had an outdated version of Android, then that's why. Android changed the way it handles SD card data for security/reliability/performance reasons, so on your newer phone, these restrictions apply now. On newer versions, ALL main app files must reside in internal memory and each app dev decides if they allow anything 'extra' (game saves, media downloads, etc.) to SD card. That's the only option that you'll get unless your phone supports SD Card Adoptable Storage (basically re-formatting your SD card to emulate that it's an extended part of the internal memory...this limits the use of the SD card to just that phone, and not all devices, for that particular reason, support that).
    Jay Sacks likes this.
    07-17-2018 02:56 PM
    And Samsung and LG don't. Samsung hasn't made many choices that I agree with, but that's one of the few I do.

If anything happens to a card being used as adoptable storage, you can lose a lot of data and apps. So, since most people don't back anything up, it's a Really Bad Idea.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    07-17-2018 04:38 PM