Hi all,

Device: Samsung Galaxy S6
    Android version: 7.0

Hopefully someone can help me with a very recent, and annoying issue I'm having with the accuweather widget.

When I tapped it, it used to automatically show a more detailed forecast of the location I am in, but no longer.

Now when I tap it, it takes me to search for location, despite the fact it knows where I am.

It only started doing this in the last day or two, I did at some point accidentally turn on voice assistant which caused me all sorts of confusion. Voice assistant is now disabled but I'm wondering if this has caused the issue in some way?

Any help is appreciated.
    07-19-2018 06:09 PM
    Hi all,

Device: Samsung Galaxy S6
    Android version: 7.0

Hopefully someone can help me with a very recent, and annoying issue I'm having with the accuweather widget.

When I tapped it, it used to automatically show a more detailed forecast of the location I am in, but no longer.

Now when I tap it, it takes me to search for location, despite the fact it knows where I am.

It only started doing this in the last day or two, I did at some point accidentally turn on voice assistant which caused me all sorts of confusion. Voice assistant is now disabled but I'm wondering if this has caused the issue in some way?

Any help is appreciated.
    Remove the widget, then reselect it. The first time it asks for location accuracy improvement say no, check don't ask again, and enter the zip codes of what you want.
    07-20-2018 12:23 AM
    I removed it by selecting it and dragging it to the bin. Held a blank space and re-added the widget, still does the same thing. I also tried removing it, restarting my phone and adding it back. The same thing still happens.
    07-21-2018 06:33 AM
    That's a persistent bugger. Try it again, this time clear your cache partition after deleting the widget And the app. Good luck.
    07-21-2018 08:35 AM