Someone from android -who can legally speak on
    behalf of android!!!
    07-19-2018 05:49 PM
    Someone from android -who can legally speak on
    behalf of android!!!
    1. We are not affiliated with Android. This is a fan site.
    2. If you are referring to the customized ringtone in the contacts app which was removed on Samsung phones, then Android has no legal obligation to that for a few reasons. First being that on the EULA you agreed to when you first activate the phone, you agreed that Google reserves the right to change the software as they see fit through updates. Second, that was never an Android feature to begin with. It is something that manufacturers like Samsung added on top of Android so that they have some extra features over other phones.
    3. If the above statement makes you think you can go after Samsung, think again. The Oreo update changed the notification handling on a system level making Samsung's implementation incompatible. That will bring you back to you agreeing on Google to change the software as they see fit.
    4. Custom notifications has been returned via an update to the messaging app on Samsungs giving it the standard custom notification feature on other phones where these tones are handled in the messaging app instead of the contacts app and is on a per thread basis, not a per contact basis.
    hallux likes this.
    07-19-2018 07:04 PM