Android P Update

Mr_PitVIPER

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
After unboxing the ASUS Zenfone 5Q that I bought and setting up, I discovered that it runs Android 7.1.1 (Nougat).

It is perfectly fine for me, as Android 7.1.1 isn't the "oldest" Android version out there; it's a slight bit more advanced than Android 7.0 but older than Android Oreo.

However, my question now is, could Android Nougat phones receive the Android 9 (Android P) that will be coming out soon? I inquire about this because my ASUS Zenfone 5Q was released THIS YEAR, so I believe there is a chance of an upgrade to Android P once it is released.

Mr_PitVIPER

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
It actually does not, however, I was notified by some people that phones released in a 12-19 month range prior to the release date of an Android version could be compatible/ able to receive the it.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I suppose it's possible, but if they chose not to do the development for Oreo, why would you think they'll do it for P? It's very rare that a major version is skipped, but it happens with point releases.

Mr_PitVIPER

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I'm just curious because ASUS has not released the oreo update which makes me wonder whether or not they are saving the update for Android P.

If you don't mind, Android Authority, may you kindly try to get in contact with ASUS and try to persuade them to release the Android Oreo for the ASUS Zenfone 5 Lite (ZC600KL) and other phones which have not been updated?

Thanks!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This site a) is not directly associated with Google or Android, we are simply a community of Android enthusiasts and b) Android Authority is another site that's similar to this one in the fact that they are not associated with Google or Android in an official capacity.

If you have concerns about os support for your device, I suggest you provide feedback directly to the manufacturer of your device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084