Samsung A3 2017:
    When adding a fingerprint to biometrics, it is possible to "combine" at least two separate fingerprints into one. Example: I have my right thumb and index finger set as the two first fingerprints - the maximum number of fingerprints is supposedly three.
    On the third fingerprint - upon reading a comment on another forum - I found that it is possible to combine my left thumb and index finger into the same slot, meaning that now I'm able to unlock my phone with four fingers instead of the maximum of three fingers.
    My question then is this: Does that in any way suggest some sort of security vulnerability? Also, this seems to be a little known workaround, to the knowledge of any of you, is this something developers are aware of?

Thank you so much for your time.
    07-20-2018 07:07 AM
    Wow!

I still read things I've never seen before on these forums. I've actually never heard of this before. I'm familiar with adding the same fingerprint multiple times to increase accuracy for that finger, but never combining 2 figures into 1 slot. I do see it over on the XDA forums for this particular device. Basically, you switch fingers at 50% completion of the imprint. I do think you are safe in the sense of how unique the fingerprint is. However, I don't foresee Samsung patching something like this anytime soon.
    07-20-2018 08:37 AM