I don't understand why personalized text message notification tones disapeared after the update? This is stupid and the customer should have a choice in what we want updated due to the fact we pay hundreds of dollars for our phones! Please give us the option or bring it back like come on
    07-20-2018 03:07 PM
    There's a lengthy discussion on this - https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...es-oreo-4.html

You DO have a choice - a different texting app can resolve the issue, or an update to your existing app (if you have a Samsung but you don't say what device you have).

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-20-2018 03:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! As the user above me stated, you do not have to live with that stock SMS app if you do not enjoy it! Textra is a really awesome third-party SMS app that enables you to customize the notification icons, the app icon itself, and notifications per contact. I've been using it off and on for years.
    07-20-2018 03:26 PM