I have an SD card and I have formatted it to my phone I should have more than enough room to install games and apps from the App Store I need help trying to fix this I went to the store and spent over $90 on a nice expensive SD card and now I can't even use it to download games like I thought I could please help me.
    07-20-2018 08:14 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? For most phones, SD cards can't be used to install apps directly to. In order for a phone to install an app to the SD card, it has to support Adoptable Storage (which means formatting the card as Internal Storage, not Portable Storage) -- did you get that option when you inserted the card? If the phone doesn't support Adoptable Storage, then the only other way of utilizing the SD card for app storage would be the Move to SD feature in the Settings>Apps menu, but this only moves a portion of the app to the SD card. And in this case, the app still has to download and install to Internal Storage first, before you can move that portion to the SD.

In general, get a phone with as much internal storage as you can afford, because that's the best way to ensure that you'll have ample room to install apps. Don't rely on an SD card for that -- SD cards are primarily useful for storing media, documents, and other discrete files.
    07-21-2018 04:26 PM